Discussion Guide | Even the Best is Tempted
You know there are a lot of situations where we find ourselves tempted. I am going to list a few of these circumstances and I’d like you as a group to come up with a plan. Talk about how you should respond to each, how to avoid these situations if possible, and if there are any scripture verses that might help you to respond well.
Even the best, Jesus, was tempted.
- You find yourself at school or work when your friends are talking poorly about others behind their backs.
- You find yourself on your phone or device when an image or video comes up that you know is not good.
- You are asked to complete a task immediately by your boss, teacher, or parent but you feel really tired and want to do it later.
- Think of a situation that you would like help with when you are tempted. Describe the situation and then answer the following.
- How should you respond?
- Is there a way to avoid this situation in the future?
- What scripture can you respond with?
To respond with scripture, we need to know the scriptures. Memorizing Bible verses is a great practice. I won’t lie memorizing is hard work, but the payoff is huge, and it will serve you very well for the rest of your life! So Memorize scripture as a defence in the temptations that will come your way!
At the end of your discussion, go around the group and ask for prayer requests.